The 2nd Vice President is an officer of the DCPBK board and is responsible for coordinating the Association’s monthly programming for general membership, in collaboration with event sponsors. The 2nd Vice President is NOT responsible for overseeing the programming related to the Young Professionals Network, the Book Club, or the Mentorship Program. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinating monthly programs for general membership. Examples include tours of museums, lectures, and parties. In particular, the 2nd Vice President is responsible for helping to plan the two largest annual events for general membership: the Annual Holiday Party in December, and the Spring Fling.
- Marketing and promoting the monthly programs, which includes collaborating with the newsletter coordinator to populate the monthly newsletter with content, with the social media coordinator to publicize events on social media channels and setting up RSVP portals for events through the website.
- Developing budgets and managing costs for programs when necessary and helping to arrange transportation/directions when necessary.
- Attending quarterly meetings of the DC Area PBK Board
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time by the President.