The Associate Program Coordinator (APC) is a newly created position to assist the 2nd VP with coordinating the association’s monthly programming for general membership in collaboration with event sponsors. The 2nd VP and APC are NOT responsible for programming related to the young professionals network, the book club, or the mentorship program.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating monthly programs for general membership. Examples include tours of museums, lectures, and parties. While the 2nd Vice President will ultimately be responsible for planning the four largest events for general membership every year (the annual holiday party in December, the Spring Fling in April, the Annual Meeting in June, and Key Connections in the fall), the APC may serve in a supporting role. This may include assisting with selecting venues, reaching out to potential speakers, and purchasing supplies with DCPBK funds. The APC will have the opportunity to take responsibility to coordinate other monthly events on their own.
- Marketing and promoting monthly programs, which includes collaborating with the newsletter coordinator to populate the monthly newsletter with content, with the social media coordinator to publicize events on social media channels, setting up RSVP portals and event descriptions through the website, and drafting post-event summaries for the newsletter.
- Developing budgets, managing costs, and tracking payments for programs when necessary, and helping to arrange transportation/directions when necessary.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the President and/or 2nd VP.
- The APC will not be required to attend the quarterly meetings of the DC Area PBK Board, but are certainly welcome to. These meetings occur on Saturdays from 2pm-5pm (or 10am-1pm) in the Phi Beta Kappa National Headquarters Building.
- Member of the DC Area PBK association in good standing
- Prior experience with planning events for groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
This is a volunteer position and will remain open until filled.